29 October 2008

Meridian Divers Meeting ~ Wednesday 29th October

Well what a sombre quiet little gathering it was - NOT! Fourteen exuberant divers high on some sort of mixed gas or so it might have seemed. The Berwick Inn managed to cope with us very well , our custom was welcome on a cold Wednesday evening! I think we helped spread some good cheer! And what splendid progress ~ absolutely inundated with cheques for MD events! Christmas Dinner & Red Sea numbers continue to grow, Simon's signed-up for his Divemaster Course, boat dives , pool hire options and affliliation programmes were put up for discussion with a view to keeping us all active through the 'off-season'. A mid-week trip to Stoney Cove in November will soon be posted and Ernie gave a brief insight on the dark & cool dive to the Blanefield earlier today. Jims planning a Wraysbury trip this week-end (after his Sovereign Centre pool dives with Eastbourne BSAC) . Sheila will (yet again - thanks) be writing up the notes and circulating them soon. Looks like we'll all be kept busy & entertained almost makes me wish I wasn't back out to the Maldives soon , well may be not almost!

A special welcome to Parsley our newest member and clearly a well qualified and vocal GSD!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Just wanted to say thank you for making me feel so welcome, i really enjoyed meeting you all and putting faces to names. A lovely group and I am sure that I will be seeing you all again very soon, roll on the xmas dinner I say, and chris you are not nearly as ferocious as you made out in your message, I was more than happy to hand over my pennies to you!!! Keep up the good work I say!

Anna said...

Sorry Also to add thank you very much Sheila for doing the red sea trip info. Much appreciated, I wonder around aimlessly unless I have some comprehensive info pointing me in the right direction, well done you have saved me from all confusion!

Tad said...

you havent seen him in full swing yet Anna cant believe that you are risking a whole week with Chris in the Red Sea you may need therapy afterwards. As for Sheila well she will make you cocoa and tuck you in on your trip and may even read you a bed time story she always makes you feel right at home my second mum is Sheila

Tad said...

Just like to add good to see Ocean View Guys last night. looks like agreat year ahead with joint ventures in both diving and social stuff.I Cant wait.