11 January 2007

HSE Dive Medicals ~ Who needs 'em?

Did you know :-

As a rule of thumb, if a diver's involvement in , a recreational at work diving project (other than as a fee-paying member of the public) is required for that project to go ahead, then they need to have a medical certificate issued by an HSE Approved Medical Eaxminer of Divers!

This is irrespective of diving certification level !

This rule of thumb applies to volunteers , however, ther may be situations when an unpaid volunter taking part in a recreational at work diving project would not be considerded to be at work themselves.
The good news is that by about March 2007 a new Approved Medical Examiner of Divers will be avialable in Newhaven. More details asap!

No comments: